Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, June 28, 2010

14 Weeks!

Lately I have been a terrible blogger. It seems all I want to do with my “free time” is obsess about my two little angels. I have started reading baby books, books on how to raise twins and healthy sleep habits of twins, etc. It is fun and overwhelming sometimes too. The common theme: your life is about to change in ways you can never imagine....it will be wonderful but you will never sleep again....(now you see why it is overwhelming).

Also, I have started nesting....just a little bit. We realize everyday how small our house is going to be when we are suddenly a family of 4. And therefore I have attempted to clean out rooms and closets to make more space. There are days I just want to give up and say let’s just move....but then reality sits in and I realize that we can’t afford that mansion on the golf course, with a live in maid, chef, nanny, personal trainer, oh and a butler too that can fan me with palm branches while I lay by the pool all day and sip fruity drinks.....I just know I was born to be rich....ahhh sigh. The eighties song “I Wanna Be Rich” is now stuck in my head.....yours too probably :)

Okay I hope you all know I was joking. We may not be rich in that way, but we have been blessed beyond measure with a wonderful life. We have amazing family and friends that truly care about us. We have the absolute most wonderful surrogate in the world. She and her family are more than we ever could have ever hoped for. And in just a few more months our dreams of becoming parents will finally be fulfilled. These little babies will never be able to comprehend the love that we have for them.

On Friday we had another doctor’s appointment. Rena’s blood pressure was normal (Praise the Lord). It had been a little elevated two weeks ago so the doctor had put her on meds. Rena said she has also been trying really hard to eat healthier. That combination must be doing the trick! She has had a few headaches the last couple of weeks. We mentioned this to the doc and asked if it was related to the blood pressure, the meds or just this unbelievable heat. She said it was probably just pregnancy headaches (hormone related) and wrote her a prescription for something she could take since Tylenol doesn’t seem to touch this kind of headache.

Overall Rena is doing great! She is starting to show now. And is just cute as she can be! On Thursday, June 17th she felt the babies kick for the first time. She has felt them move a few times, but this time she really felt them kick. She was busy helping her sister and had not eaten lunch at her usual time (noon). Around 1:00 the babies let her know it was time to eat!! Yep, they are definitely our children.....in this family, you gotta love food!!

At our appointment Friday the babies were 14w2d. We got another ultrasound so the doctor could get their heart rates. I was more interested in what was happening between their little legs. We are getting really close to being able to determine their gender and I am just so anxious. As the tech was focusing on their heart rates I thought I noticed something between Baby B’s legs. So I patiently waited until she had gotten her readings and then asked if it was too early to tell their gender. She said “yeah it’s probably too early, unless they are boys and are flashing me....ah, well hold on just a minute.....ok...DON’T GO BUY ANYTHING....but I think Baby B is a boy......give me a couple more weeks and I can confirm, but it looks like a boy.” And Baby A’s legs were crossed and he/she was intentionally hiding their “stuff”......which makes me think JUST MAYBE......POSSIBLY..... my little girl knows how to be a lady....haha

You know I don’t really care what their genders are; I just want them to be healthy. And I just want to know so that I can start buying pink and/or blue :)

Our next appointment is July 9th. We hope to get a better look at both babies. And pray that Rena’s blood pressure stays down, that she continues to feel good and that both babies continue to grow...healthy and happy for at least 22 more weeks.

Thank you all for you continued prayers and support. We love our village!

1 comment:

  1. I know you are so excited, and I am sooo excited for you guys! Please let us know as soon as genders are confirmed. We found out that Owen was a boy at 16 weeks, so maybe they'll be able to tell you. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete