Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bama Vs. LSU Weekend

What a difference a little time can make. I am feeling so much better now. Thank you for allowing me to show the ugly side as well as the good. Your support is exactly what this blog was all about….in the good times and the bad. Many of you reached out to me and did exactly what the scripture in our heading says “If one falls down, his friend can help him up.” Some of you probably did so without even knowing it. Thank you for your prayers and love, both were felt.

One of the best remedies for depression (for me at least) is a heaping tablespoon of quality time with people I love. And once again, even though we had a very busy weekend we got exactly that.

P earned some continuing education classes this weekend in Birmingham while catching up with some old friends and colleagues, namely his college roommate Jeremy. He stayed with Jeremy and his precious family on Thursday night. I hate I missed catching up with them, but I stayed behind so that I could work on Friday. We did get to catch up while tailgating a little before the game on Saturday in Tuscaloosa and grabbed a couple of pictures.
















I know we are all so busy, especially since Jeremy’s practice is booming in Russellville and their little Emma is growing up so fast, but I hope to see them again real soon. You are very special to us.

Friday night we had dinner at McCormick and Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant in Birmingham with P’s lifelong buddy “Fred”. The food was delicious and the company even better. It was fun hanging out with them, even though they make me uncomfortable when the subject of football comes up. Fred graduated from our in-state rival Auburn University. And even though it is all in good fun…they are both very passionate about their football teams.

Saturday morning we headed to Tuscaloosa. Parked in my old neighborhood and hugged Mr. Weiss. I really miss the good times and memories of University Circle. We met up with Aunt Wanda and Uncle Joe and hung out a little before the game, then headed into the stadium for one of the most highly anticipated games of the season…Alabama vs. LSU. The winner of this match would clinch the SEC Western Division Title and guarantee a trip to the SEC Championship.

The view from Aunt Wanda and Uncle Joe’s fabulous Tide Pride seats near the 50 yard line was amazing and each play intense. I thought the game two weeks ago against Tennessee could not be more fascinating and heart throbbingly intense… WRONG. There were loud moments in the stadium all night, sacks by McClain, first down runs by Mark Ingram, etc. but the loudest I have ever heard at an Alabama game was the crowd reaction to a game changing touchdown by Julio Jones midway through the fourth quarter. It was deafening there for a few minutes, and Alabama never looked back. We led 21 – 15 at that point. Many think there was a key interception by LSU soon after, however there was no conclusive video evidence that Peterson had possession of the ball while one foot was in bounds… giving Bama the ball and scoring a critical field goal to put the game away. For those of you who have been to a game at the University, you know what kind of pregame show they put on. At the end of the game the announcer said “This is Alabama football!” Erupting the crowd once more before Rammer Jammer was played.

It was a great game and another great weekend in Tuscaloosa. Roll Tide!



Following the game we got to visit with Leslie’s college friend Jessica and her boyfriend DJ. Jess moved to Orlando after college to attend seminary so we don’t get to see her very often and it always makes Leslie so happy. She is so sweet and just so much fun! Can’t wait to see you again, soon.




1 comment:

  1. It was so wonderful to visit! I didn't enjoy our pumpkin spice lattes half as much as I enjoyed seeing ya'll!

    ReplyDelete