Surrogacy was first laid on her heart when her younger sister had trouble conceiving. R along with her husband M decided that she would carry a baby for her sister. Well God had other plans because her baby sister was finally able to get pregnant and have a beautiful baby boy (and now has another one if I am not mistaken). R said that “God had already laid it on her heart to help someone” so she wanted to continue pursuing surrogacy. God is so good! This is where we come in. Praise the Lord! R has been through all her testing and is ready to go. Could we have asked for anything better?
Paul and I have a doctor’s appointment on October 27th in Birmingham to get a plan together. We need all the prayers we can get. Pray for the health and protection of R and her family. For good test results and no roadblocks, that we will be able to get started soon. Also pray for support and understanding from family and friends. We know that this is a non-traditional way to start a family and some people will have negative opinions about that. But please understand that none of these decisions were made lightly. I have prayed about this for 13 years and I know R has also prayed hard about her decision as well. This is a beautiful gift from a caring and wonderful angel! It truely is a miracle.

This picture was taken at lunch yesterday. I did not ask R’s permission to post this so you’ll have to settle for the blurred version for now. She’s so cute though, I can’t wait for you all to meet her!




Leslie!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gracious! I am so excited for you guys! What an awesome thing; it is just taking off for you guys! I can't wait to hear how your appointment in Bham goes. I just got back from TX last night and am getting caught up on all things electronic. I had my iPhone with me, but only glanced briefly at some things I had been waiting on from the doctor. This is just the best thing for me to hear today! YAYA!
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! WE are soooooo excited and praise God for bringing us R and getting this "Show on the Road".
ReplyDeleteShe sounds wonderful and seems to have a great life. We hope she will understand the unbelievable gift she is giving to all of us and the deep gratitude we (your families) will feel toward her. We love her already!
The Blog is such a good thing as it lets us all have a ringside seat to watch and pray as this miracle unfolds. God is so Good!
Hugs,
Aunt Sherry