
Tuesday was our first day back to Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) in Birmingham. Can you believe we haven’t been in that office since January of 2008? I can’t. When the doctor said we would pretty much be starting from scratch since it had almost been 2 years…..I was shocked. But again everything went very well. I love the staff at ART. They are all so kind and have such a caring spirit. I know this must come from years of working with fragile women whose dreams have been stretched to their limits and some never even having a chance. But something about their friendly, caring smiles reminds me that they are doing God’s work and their compassion, talents and abilities come from Him. I know critics of infertility treatments would disagree, question that they are playing God, choosing where life should begin. But I just don’t believe that. I believe God has given humans the ability to help one another and the knowledge for us to fight cancer, or transplant hearts….why is it so far fetched that He could use another woman’s womb to give us a child that we so desperately crave? Besides, the doctors are limited in their abilities. They can assist in helping to create a life, but whether that life sustains and grows into a healthy baby is in His control. His will shall be done and in His perfect timing…..not mine…..(just reminding myself here because sometimes I wish He’d hit the gas petal a little harder or take the bypass loop instead of driving through Atlanta rush hour traffic on a rainy day). There is no doubt that He has had a plan for my life. One of the most comforting words in the entire Bible are Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Does this mean we will not face hardships? Absolutely not! It means that our struggles are not in vain and that we can have hope that He is on the throne. He knows what He’s doing. For each traffic jam I have had in the road of life, a lesson has been learned. Yes there was pain. Would I have avoided the traffic jam altogether, if I was given the option….NO DOUBT, I would have taken the easy road. But because of the 10 car pile-up I appreciate the scenery of the beautiful leaves changing color down a tree lined empty highway. And because I have known that God has had a special plan to bring children into our lives, I think that I will appreciate motherhood more than I would have otherwise.
Thanks friends for loving us and supporting us. We had numerous phone calls, text messages and emails that really touched our hearts. We know we are loved not only by a Savior that gave His life for us, but also by our family and friends. And there is no greater gift in life than love.
So far we can report all tests have come back normal. I will return to the office on November 10th. So keep lifting up those prayers. He hears us.




So well said, Leslie. So well said. I did chuckle to myself about the Atlanta freeway - eye-ya-yi that 400 is a headache just thinking of it! But, it's true, we all would've taken the easy way. How blessed are we though that God's plans include molding us and growing us to fulfill our destinies? That each set-back is His set-up for a life filled to our full potential because He has grown us. If we always had the easy roads, then we wouldn't be near as stretched in our abilities to further His kingdom. Praise Jesus. Can't wait to hear when you all plan to cycle!
ReplyDeletep.s. we're cycling again in January!!!!!!!!!! I'll email you the details!