Sunday (3/21) we started the stim shots. The goal of the stim shots is to produce approximately 8-15 follicles (14mm or greater) that will give quality eggs for the retrieval. So far I have only had two minor side effects. A constant dull headache, but it is manageable so I shouldn’t complain. And since I am taking 4 shots a day, Paul is running out of places to stick the needle around my sore belly button :)
Tomorrow is the day we will get to see if the meds are working. Our appointment is in Birmingham at 10:00. Please pray that we see a good number of follicles and that my blood levels are where they need to be. Dr. H said we will not go forward unless they see at least 4 good follicles and I have an estrogen level of at least 750. If we don’t have this the risk would be too great without much chance of success. So please pray for a good report tomorrow so that we can continue.
Depending on what they see tomorrow the egg retrieval will be sometime next week with the transfer being anywhere from Easter Sunday through Tuesday the 6th. It looks like this is going to be a very special Easter! What a wonderful time to celebrate fresh possibilities and new beginnings. Easter represents hope for us as Christians. I am thankful for this reminder of hope during a special time for our family.
We are so excited. We thank God for this opportunity, for this privilege to be able to attempt to have a child through our wonderful surrogate Rena and we pray that God’s will be done.
Thank you all for your love, prayers and support. I’ll update you tomorrow as soon as we have some news.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Praying, Praying, Praying for yall!!! :)
ReplyDelete