Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Suppression Check: CHECK!!

For those new to the IVF world the suppression check is like step one of the IVF journey. It is a blood test and ultrasound to ensure everything is ready the start the stimulation medicines. The two things we were most concerned about were cysts and finding follicles. My cysts were completely gone! Praise the Lord!! And the nurse saw at least 4 follicles on each ovary!! Double Praise the Lord!! This was huge because the last few times they haven’t been able to see any follicles. Follicles are like little sacs where an egg could potentially form. Not all follicles will produce an egg and not all eggs produced will be viable so it is really important to have a significant number of them to choose from. Our doctor would like to see 8-12 and has been very concerned that she hasn’t seen any. So thank you ovaries for showing out yesterday….you made me feel a lot better so I am sure you made the doc feel better also. All blood work was also normal so we passed the suppression check and will start meds on Thursday. YAY!

This was the answer to our prayers. I don’t think we could have gotten a better report yesterday! In fact when I sent Paul a quick text while I was still in the doctor’s office he couldn’t believe it. He said “I thought for a second I was just reading what I wanted to read and I was waiting for my eyes to adjust to the bad news.” So thank you all for your prayers. This was absolutely the hand of God and it will continue to be in His hands, which is exactly where we want it to be.

In Jeremiah 1:5 God tells us that “Before [He] formed you in the womb [He] knew you, before you were born [He] set you apart.” My child you haven’t even been formed in the womb, but my God knows you and he has a plan for your precious life, we can’t wait to see it unfold.

Mom and I took advantage of the trip to Birmingham. After the clinic appointment we had lunch with sweet Ella. (Ella is the granddaughter of my mom’s lunch buddy, Patti) She is absolutely the most beautiful, sweetest little piece of heaven you could ever hold in your arms. If I were special ordering a baby, I want one just like this! :) The little angel is sick, but still the happiest little baby you have ever seen. She didn’t even scream when we wiped her nose for the 100th time….I am 32 years old and at that point I would have screamed out loud…in the middle of the restaurant…..she was so sweet…I could just eat her up!!



3 comments:

  1. I'm SO EXCITED for you two!!! The next few weeks will be amazing and I can't wait!! I think you are going to blow Dr. H away with your results of the whole process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME NEWS!!! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful news! So happy for you guys and continually praying for you ; )

    ReplyDelete